TAPS is excited to announce 4th Week Winter Production
The Frau used to direct beautiful films for a fascist government. Now she’s trying to make a film that’s simply beautiful. But when telegrams start to arrive from the Minister of Propaganda, The Frau can no longer ignore the real war outside her sound stage. A darkly comical look at the role of artists during wartime, inspired by the life and work of Leni Riefenstahl.
Production dates span Autumn and Winter Quarters. Rehearsals will be Mondays through Thursdays 7:00pm-10:00pm and Saturday and Sundays between 10:00am and 4:00pm. Rehearsals will break for Thanksgiving and for the break between quarters. Performances will be January 28-29.
- the frau the filmmaker, on camera, she plays: penthesilea, queen of the Amazons.
- the extra the frau’s sister, on camera, she plays: many different nameless amazons.
- the man from the Jewish ghetto, on camera, he plays: achilles.
- the boy on camera, he plays: patroclus and, later, the goddess of love.
Production Staff Breakdown:
- Assistant Director
- Assistant Dramaturg
- Assistant Set Designer
- Assistant Costume Designer
- Assistant Lighting Designer
- Assistant Sound Designer
- Assistant Props Designer
- Assistant Production Manager
- Assistant Stage Manager
- Run Crew